Wednesday, April 30, 2014

At the quarry

Sometimes, no most of the time my backyard, feels like a quarry rather than relaxing retreat or a garden. The previous owner was a train collector and had a maze of tracks running in the yard. There was a train station and the train track run around a pond. As a solid material they used rock, tons of rocks. Some are nice river rocks but some are just gravel or....train track rocks! Some of the rocks were used instead of mulch. Thankfully all that "landscaping" was done only to the part of the backyard that's close to the house, the rest was left mostly untouched.
This whole time since we've been living here we were pondering what to do with the yard and this weekend it finally hit me: I just want to simplify. So I spent 3 days moving rocks and in the meantime my lovely husband knocked down two waterfalls.
Here is the state of the backyard at the end of last summer. This past weekend was a productive one and I will post pictures of progress as soon as it stops raining.



No comments:

Post a Comment