Thursday, April 3, 2014

Dining room updates continued

This sideboard came with the dining room set but the color was even worse than the chairs so I decided to paint it. I wanted to bring in some color into the dining room because it was very neutral and brownish. The fabric on the chairs is grayish-bluish and I wanted to tie it in but not match exactly. The color I chose is Bermuda Blue from BM. It's pretty bright but I love it. Once again I used the Advance BM Paint in semi gloss.



The little applique on the top drawer had to go. It was an easy fix and barely needed any sanding. Tools required...a steak knife and a set of little helping hands.




After light sanding and priming and two coats of Bermuda Blue, here's the finial result.


I did some work on the hardware to make it standout and I'll post more on that soon. I will admit that it took some getting used to having this big pop of color in the dining room but at the end I'm very happy how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment