Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day and Hello Neon Green

My older princess loves green. It was time to get her a new bed. Since we've moved in she's been sleeping on three quarters of a mattress (yes, that's right) that we cut down to fit into the nook in the guest room in the condo. It was starting to fall apart now and whether the bed was made or not, it always looked messy.
I found a footboard and headboard for a great price at seconddibs.com. It's sometimes hard to get my three and a half year old excited about new things because she doesn't like change. But I figured that if I painted the bed her favorite color there might be a chance that she's love it. And she does!


Getting the headboard and footboard home with two carseats in the car wasn't easy but we managed.






I love the shape and details of the bed (here in process of being primed). The wood veneer wasn't so great and a whole side of it was coming off, so I peeled the whole thing off. As you can see I was getting a little impatient for the primer to dry, hence the hairdryer which btw, has dried way more paint and spackle in it's lifetime than my hair. The headboard was taller than footboard but because the bed will be positioned sideway against the way I decided to cut it down to the same size.

As for the color....NEON GREEN! I love it and most importantly so does my princess. I used Benjamin Moore Advance Paint and applied it with WhizzFlock Roller System for ultra smooth surfaces, which worked out great.





No comments:

Post a Comment