Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Dining room updates

Over the summer my mother in law downsized into an apartment and generously offered us her dining room set. It is a nice set with great detail but needed a little bit of updating. Years ago someone tried to refurbish it, and let's just say it didn't come out that great. I decided to sand down the chairs and reupholster them for a more updated look.

Here's the little before picture just to give you an idea why they needed some TLC.




I used electric sander where I could but there are so many nooks and crannies that majority had to be done by hand. Not fun. But the result was well worth it.


 

In the process I stumbled upon what I call a fabric heaven. If you live in Northern New Jersey and ever need any sort of fabric you must check out the Fabric Warehouse Direct in Rahway. They offer amazing selection and pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment